If you are a student and you are unsure whether earnings from your part-time job or internship are allowable under SSI, look no further!
We are excited that Michael Dalto, a highly-respected expert in the critical areas of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and work incentives will share a presentation he developed for Bridges Helpdesk students: How to Get SSI and Medical Assistance, Go to Work…and Live to Tell About It.
Topics covered include:
- Who’s Eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?
- What Happens If You Get SSI and Go to Work?
- Student Earned Income Exclusion
- Blind Work Expenses (BWEs)
- 1619(b) Work Incentive
- What About SSDI?
- How Can You Get Help Using Work Incentives?
Join our interactive informational session, ask your SSI work questions, and find the path to secure your financial future so that you can be the millionaire you want to be!
When: Wednesday, May 18 at 6:45 (Zoom meeting will open at 6:30)
Who: Blind and low vision students ages 14-21
Meeting ID: 875 3836 3438
One tap mobile
Follow the Bridges Helpdesk Facebook page for more transition tips, and please contact the Free Helpdesk for Maryland Blind/Low Vision Transition Students, Families, and Educators anytime using:
- Our Accessible web form
- Email: Helpdesk@imagemd.org
- Text: Send to: (410) 305-9199
- Bridges Helpdesk Facebook page or Facebook Messenger
- Voice mail: Call (443) 320-4003, leave a voice mail message, and we will return your call
This unique project is being coordinated through The IMAGE Center of Maryland, a center for independent living in Towson, and it is funded by a grant from the Maryland Department of Education Division of Special Education/Early Intervention Services.