In this age of an ever-busier news cycle, let’s get connected with a free, accessible means of getting the news you want when you want it.
What Does NFB Newsline® Have to Offer?
With the NFB Newsline® service, qualified individuals can receive free audio access to local state, national, and international newspapers as well as other news sources and a wide variety of magazines. Newsline® also provides access to more than 100,000 job listings from two national job sources, retail advertisements, TV listings, emergency weather alerts, and local seven-day forecasts.
Who is a Qualified Individual for NFB Newsline® Services?
Individuals who cannot read printed publications due to vision loss, dyslexia, or a physical disability are qualified to use NFB Newsline® services. If you are already registered with any of the following, you qualify for NFB Newsline® services:
- a state or private vocational rehabilitation agency for the blind
- a public school special education program for the blind or a state residential school for the blind
- a cooperating regional library under the program of the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped of the Library of Congress
If you are NOT registered with one of the above entities, you will need to provide proof of your print disability in the application process.
Where Can I Access These Materials on NFB Newsline®?
- NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile app for the iPhone, the iPad, and the iPod from the Apple App Store
- Phone: 888-882-1629 (Newsline phone instructions)
- Amazon Alexa: NFB Newsline® Alexa skill directions
- Email: NFB Newsline® can email your news, customized job listings, and information directly to your inbox; choose your favorites and select frequency (once daily or updates throughout the day). “Call us at 1-866-504-7300 to set up your NFB Newsline® email service.”
- Portable Players: NFB Newsline® In Your Pocket allows you to download content directly to your digital talking book player (such as the Victor Reader Stream, the Book Port Plus, etc.
How Do I Get NFB Newsline® for Myself?
- Complete this online NFB Newsline® application
- Complete, then mail, this downloadable NFB Newsline® application
- Call the National Federation of the Blind at 866-504-7300 to request an application
Contact the Bridges Helpdesk for More Information
- Our Accessible web form
- Email: Helpdesk@imagemd.org
- Text: Send to: (410) 357-1546
- Voice mail: Call (410) 357-1546, leave a voice mail message, and we will return your call
This unique project is being coordinated through The IMAGE Center of Maryland, a center for independent living in Towson, and it is funded by a grant from the Maryland Department of Education Division of Special Education/Early Intervention Services.
Updated as of September 17, 2023.