Federal Law – Public Places
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Prohibits disability-related discrimination by public accommodations, including:
- Restaurants and coffee shops
- Grocery stores and bakeries
- Museums, parks, and zoos
- Gyms, spas, and hair salons
- Other buildings or areas open to the public, etc.
- Freedom from disability-related discrimination
- Right to reasonable accommodations, like a long white cane
- Right to use a long white cane without interference
- Right-of-way on any roadway, even if crossing outside of a designated crosswalk
In K-12 Schools
- Presumption of O&M services and O&M assessments
- Requirements for O&M, including off-campus assessment and instruction
Contact the Bridges Helpdesk for More Information
- Our Accessible web form
- Email: Helpdesk@imagemd.org
- Text: Send to: (410) 357-1546
- Voice mail: Call (410) 357-1546, leave a voice mail message, and we will return your call
This unique project is being coordinated through The IMAGE Center of Maryland, a center for independent living in Towson, and it is funded by a grant from the Maryland Department of Education Division of Special Education/Early Intervention Services.
Updated as of September 28, 2023.