Updated as of February 5, 2024.
About the Scholarships
The ACB Scholarship Program includes scholarships sponsored by the American Foundation for the Blind (AFB).
- At least $2,000, and up to $7,500
- List of 21 ACB scholarships available
- Legally blind
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA to be eligible for most scholarships
- Be a full-time student at a post-secondary institution in the United States (as well as students who work 32 or more hours per week and attend a U.S. post-secondary institution part-time)
- Be involved in your school/local community
- Scholarship winners will experience firsthand ACB’s National Conference and Convention (July 5-12, 2024 in Jacksonville, FL), where you will meet other students who share the same life experiences, create lasting friendships and network with individuals who understand what you are going through and can help you with your journey. There are also many sessions where you can learn about new technology and what is happening in our community.
- February 14, 2024
- All interested candidates must register for an ACB account prior to submitting a scholarship application online. Once you have created an account with ACB, please log in and then you can access the scholarship application from the link at the top of the site.
- American Council of the Blind account create or log in to access the online scholarship application
Contact the Bridges Helpdesk for More Information
Text: Send to: (410) 357-1546
Voice mail: Call (410) 357-1546, leave a voice mail message, and we will return your call
This unique project is being coordinated through The IMAGE Center of Maryland, a center for independent living in Towson, and it is funded by a grant from the Maryland Department of Education Division of Special Education/Early Intervention Services.