What is KNFB Reader?
KNFB Reader is an app which reads print information aloud to users who have print disabilities. The text can also be read using a Braille display. The app has text detection and tactile feedback to help the user ensure that they are capturing all of the text in the photo. It also features highlighting capabilities for those with low vision or other print disabilities for which pinpointing text would be useful.
How Much does KNFB Reader Cost?
KNFB Reader costs $99.99 and is available as “OneStep Reader” in the Apple App Store and in the Google Play Store. Since KNFB Reader can help individuals read school assignments and important work documents, many universities, employers, and VR agencies have been known to purchase this app for individuals.
KNFB Reader Features
KNFB Reader features a variety of useful options, including:
- Batch mode: easily take pictures of multi-page documents by activating batch mode. Then, simply save your document for future use. This feature is great for manuals, textbooks, and other multi-page files.
- Reading Computer Screens: Has your screen reading software stopped talking and you don’t know why? Use KNFB Reader to take a picture of your computer screen to read the error message.
- Easy Exporting and Sharing: Once you have taken your photo, the KNFB Reader allows for easy sharing, as well as built-in export capabilities to Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Wide Language Selection: This app is available in more than 30 languages!
Contact the Bridges Helpdesk for More Information
- Our Accessible web form
- Email: Helpdesk@imagemd.org
- Text: Send to: (410) 357-1546
- Voice mail: Call (410) 357-1546, leave a voice mail message, and we will return your call
This unique project is being coordinated through The IMAGE Center of Maryland, a center for independent living in Towson, and it is funded by a grant from the Maryland Department of Education Division of Special Education/Early Intervention Services.
Updated as of September 1, 2023.