Looking for something to do with your summer? Why not spend it reading books of your choice to win fun prizes! Check out details for the Maryland Library for the Blind and Print Disabled (LBPD) summer reading program below!
Pick Your Age Group
This year’s summer reading theme is Tails and Tales, so get ready to enjoy tails and tales of all sorts this summer. LBPD has two summer reading programs that pertain to transition-aged youth. No matter which program you belong in, you will be able to tally your points for reading books, attend virtual LBPD activities, earn prizes, and enter raffles for grand prize drawings.
- Tweens/Teens Summer Learning: ages 11-17 (final day to earn points is August 6)
- Adult Summer Reading Program: ages 18 and older (final day to earn points is August 8)
Register and Count Your Points!
Whether you fall into the Teens/Tweens or the adult group, you can register using Beanstack, a completely accessible website where you can track your points, books read, and activities attended.
Follow the Bridges Helpdesk Facebook page for more transition tips, and please contact the Free Helpdesk for Maryland Blind/Low Vision Transition Students, Families, and Educators anytime using:
- Our Accessible web form
- Email: Helpdesk@imagemd.org
- Text: Send to: (410) 305-9199
- Bridges Helpdesk Facebook page or Facebook Messenger
- Voice mail: Call (443) 320-4003, leave a voice mail message, and we will return your call
This unique project is being coordinated through The IMAGE Center of Maryland, a center for independent living in Towson, and it is funded by a grant from the Maryland Department of Education Division of Special Education/Early Intervention Services.