Updated as of December 26, 2023.
About Voice Dream Writer
Voice Dream Writer is primarily a proofreading tool. While composing a document, you can listen to what you are writing or have written. The app contains a built-in thesaurus and a built-in dictionary, but it also allows you to search for “the right word” using phonetic, sound, rhyme, or word-meaning searches.
With Voice Dream Writer, you can export your file as a Microsoft Word file, as a text file, or as HTML, RTF, or Apple Pages files. You can send texts from the app, and you can even print your document directly from the app.
Integration with other Voice Dream apps
In combination with Voice Dream Reader, this app allows a user to compose and proofread a document. Find out more in the Bridges Resource Library Voice Dream Reader entry. That document could have started out as a hard-copy paper scanned by Voice Dream Scanner. Find out more in the Bridges Resource Library Voice Dream Scanner entry.
Purchasing Voice Dream Writer
Detailed Feature List from Voice Dream Writer
- Speak word when typing
- Speak sentence when typing
- Speak on tap for Word Finder and Outline
- Two preset proofreading styles: Natural and Detailed
- Speak punctuation, configurable to None, Some, or All
- Option to pause at each word
- Spell homophones
- Announce misspelled word
- Check spaces and news line issues
- 5 Build-in iOS English voices
- Use any voice purchased and installed in Voice Dream Reader
- Speech rate from 110 to 700 word per minute
- Edit pronunciation rules dictionary
- Fast Dictionary
- Search for words by sound or phonetics
- Search for words by meaning. It’s an extended thesaurus that finds not just synonyms but related words and phrases.
- Rhyme search
- Sections, paragraphs and sentences
- Automatically updated from text
- Supports drag and drop to reorganize document
Supported Markdown Formatting
- Headings, level 1-6
- Bulleted list
- Numbered list
- Bold and Italic
- All other Markdown features are supported in HTML and RTF export, but not styled in the text window and not supported in Word export
- 12 beautiful fonts, each with a bold option
- Text size up to 90 points
- Character space, line spacing and margin adjustment
- Paragraph style
- 3 Present color themes, each adjustable
- Color theme apply to text and the entire UI
Import, Export and Print
- Import text files
- Export text, HTML, RTF, Microsoft Word and Apple Pages files
- Import and export for cloud storage services including Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and Box
- Copy all text to clipboard
- Send text as email, text message, tweet, Facebook status, Evernote and any app that supports Action on text
- Open file in any export format in another app like Word or Pages.
- Email file in any export format as an attachment.
- Preview and print using several pre-defined themes.
- Choose between local storage and iCloud Drive storage
- iCloud storage synchronizes your files across all iOS devices and Mac
Contact the Bridges Helpdesk for More Information
- Our Accessible web form
- Email: Helpdesk@imagemd.org
- Text: Send to: (410) 357-1546
- Voice mail: Call (410) 357-1546, leave a voice mail message, and we will return your call
This unique project is being coordinated through The IMAGE Center of Maryland, a center for independent living in Towson, and it is funded by a grant from the Maryland Department of Education Division of Special Education/Early Intervention Services.