PENfriend is an electronic labeling system that puts you in charge of what to label, how to label it, and where to affix the label.
PENfriend labels can record up to 60 minutes of audio. Thus, in addition to labeling medicine, we can use these labels to store music, audiobooks, etc. Like the Reizen Talking Label Wand, the PENfriend 3 pen can support up to 250 hours of playback.
In addition to the labels that come in the initial set, PENfriend 3 offers labels that are waterproof and laundry-safe. This really opens up the number of ways we can use these labels!
PENfriend even has three free software tools to allow us to manage our labels on a computer; we can even transfer data from an old pen to a new one or retrieve past recordings. Check out the PENfriend in action in these PENfriend videos.
Where to Purchase PENfriend
PENfriend is made in the United Kingdom, but it is quite available here in the United States. Retailers offering the current PENfriend 3 Voice Labeling System include:
- MaxiAids offers the PENfriend 3 Voice Labeling System for $153.75, free shipping on orders $75 or more
- LS&S Products offers the PENfriend 3 Voice Labeling System for $153.95, free shipping on orders $75 or more
- Independent Living Aids offers the PENfriend 3 Voice Labeling System for $153.95, free shipping on orders $75 or more
Contact the Bridges Helpdesk for More Information
- Our Accessible web form
- Email: Helpdesk@imagemd.org
- Text: Send to: (410) 357-1546
- Voice mail: Call (410) 357-1546, leave a voice mail message, and we will return your call
This unique project is being coordinated through The IMAGE Center of Maryland, a center for independent living in Towson, and it is funded by a grant from the Maryland Department of Education Division of Special Education/Early Intervention Services.
Updated as of September 17, 2023.