We are privileged to present interviews with a successful businessman who became blind recently. He got training, persevered, and is now growing his very successful catering business.
Earl Smith has owned Smith’s Catering for 20 years. When he lost his vision in 2015, he did not give up his business; he took another road. With blindness training and his strong work ethic, Earl feeds our military troops at Fort Meade and provides jobs for our community.
- Watch Earl Smith’s interview with Bridges Helpdesk Coordinator Hindley Williams
- Transcript of Interview with blind entrepreneur and business owner Earl Smith
Contact the Bridges Helpdesk for More Information
- Our Accessible web form
- Email: Helpdesk@imagemd.org
- Text: Send to: (410) 357-1546
- Voice mail: Call (410) 357-1546, leave a voice mail message, and we will return your call
This unique project is being coordinated through The IMAGE Center of Maryland, a center for independent living in Towson, and it is funded by a grant from the Maryland Department of Education Division of Special Education/Early Intervention Services.
Updated as of November 14, 2023.